My policy is “less is more” when it comes to skincare. I never complicate things with my skincare stuffs like face packs and scrubs and try to go organic, mainly like lush skincare products or homemade packs. Down below are my 5 most favourite diy homemade skincare recipes for face packs, scrubs, detan and natural bleach. Hope it helps you friends.
All these are simple yet effective skincare packs. Most ingredients can be easily acessible in your kitchen.
DIY de-tan pack : using lemon,curd and turmeric
1. 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
2. 2tbsp of curd.
3. a pinch of turmeric.
- Mix all the above in a bowl and apply on face for 15 mins, after scrub it to the skin for few seconds and wash it off with water.
- Apply moisturiser.
- This my absolute favourite face pack in summer after roaming a long hours in sun and its my perfect detan pack which never fails me. And try it do within few hours after you have been in sun for an added results.
Face pack for Glowing and soft skin
1. 1/4 Mashed papaya pulp.
2. 1 or 2 tbsp of milk
3. 1 tbsp of honey .
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl, you can also add a pinch of turmeric if you wish.
- And apply on your face.
- Wash it after 20- 30 mins and do massage the pack on your face before washing it off. Splash more water.
Oats Pack For clear and soft skin
1. 1tbsp of oats soaked in water.
2. 1/2 tbsp of honey.
3. 1tbsp of curd.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply it one you face. Lie flat to avoid any spilling.
- Wash it after 20 mins. As i have already said massage the face pack applied on your face before washing.
- This pack is my favourite night time face pack especially for clearing any acne while PMS ing and makes my skin smooth and baby soft.
DIY Homemade bleach for skin
Cut raw potatoes in slices and apply it on to face covering without any space for removing tan and giving a goo homeade bleach.
You could also use grated potato or raw potato juice and keep it till it dries and wash it off.
Cut a potato into half and can be rubbed in under arms or neck to remove any pigmentation and discolouration of skin. Simple yet very effective.
Diy Coffee scrub for Exfoliation
1. 1tbsp of coffee powder.
2. 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
3. 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and apply it on your face. You can make it in a larger quantites and can be applied for all over your body for a nice exfoliated pack.
- Apply it on skin for 10 mins and scrub gently over the skin and leave till it dries and wash it off.
- Lemon is citrus-y in nature hence it can be slightly irritating to acne skin, so dilute it or avoid it.
- Always massage the pack or scrub before washing it off for complete result.
- Turmeric though possess awesome qualities, it may lead to dryness. So use little and moisturise after removing.
- After removing these packs, splash alot of water which is very good for your skin.
- Some people may get acne while using milk, so skip it if you have that problem.
- Always avoid using the above diy skincare recipes over or near the eye area. but the potato juice can be applied for under eye dark circles.
- Always moisturise well after washing off the facepacks.
- Last but not least, not every ingredients will suit everybody so know your skintyoe and your allergic reaction before using these packs.