Don’t forget about your cuticles! Hydrate your nails with this DIY Cuticle Cream made with shea butter, coconut oil and a secret weapon essential oil. Avoid winter dryness with this life-saver cream.
- 1/3 cup of raw shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch/flour
- 20 drops Nurture Essential Oil Blend
- 4 1oz glass jars
- Add shea butter and coconut oil to a medium heat-proof bowl.
- Place bowl inside a medium pot and add water to pot to create a double boiler. Water should not exceed sides of bowl.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until shea butter and coconut oil have melted. Coconut oil will melt much faster.
- Remove from heat and stir in arrowroot starch and nurture essential oil.
- Place bowl in freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip to desired consistency.
- Add to glass jars and store at room temperature.
- Massage cream into cuticles and allow time to dry before using nail polish. Use daily for best results.