I’ve slowly over the course of the past year been converting my beauty regimen to completely natural products. Admittedly, the conversion has had its ups and downs. I’ve never had skin issues but in the process of detoxing from the chemicals I found myself breaking out quite a bit. But I’ve held strong and through it all have discovered so many amazing natural ingredients to treat everything from that gigantic pimple to those pesky black heads.
I’m now a total convert to DIY face masks and moisturizing with oil (yes, you read that correctly). As I continue to discover the homemade tricks that work for my skin, I’ll be sharing them with you. Today we’re starting with this DIY Pore Minimizing Face Mask.
I absolutely hate wearing makeup so anything that can help minimize my pores, decrease blackheads and make my skin look dewey and fresh is a total win in my book. This face mask is made up of 3 of my favorite ingredients that do just this.
Matcha Green Tea Powder – is packed-full of antioxidants and is anti-inflammatory to help reduce pore size and regenerate new, healthy skin cells.
Activated Charcoal – despite its name this compound is safe to consume and use in your beauty products. Its properties help draw toxins to the surface i.e. those dreadful black heads you hate!
Bentonite Clay – when mixed with water its electrical charge changes which helps it to absorb toxins like those that were brought to the surface from the activated charcoal.
1. In a small bowl combine matcha, clay and charcoal.
2. Slowly add water and stir to create a paste
3. Clean your face (I use this cleanser) and leave it slightly damp
4. Spread mask all over your face avoiding contact with eyes
5. Keep on face for 15 minutes. Mask will dry and harden.
6. Wash face removing mask with a damp washcloth.
7. Moisturize as needed. I use this moisturizer.
*I use this face mask 2-3 times per week.