- 1 : In broad, even strokes, apply a thin layer of your favorite base coat.
- 2 : Apply two coats of polish to the bottom half of your nails. Make sure your nails are completely dry before you move to the next step.
- 3 : Paint a line with your black polish that mimics the shape of your natural lunula.
- 4 : Paint the rest of the nail with your polish. For a more even and opaque coverage.
- 5 : Since you don’t want your nail colors to bleed into one another, allow 15 to 20 minutes of drying time before you apply top coat.