Recently my sister has been arguing that I need to use shaving cream or gel instead of my normal body wash when I shave my legs. Well, I am a bit lazy and my shower is cluttered enough that I didn’t want to add another beauty product. So by browsing a bunch of different sites, I found a bunch of good ingredients to make your own shaving gel. My favorite used shampoo and conditioner as main ingredients;
I have a slight indulgence of Bath and Body Works shopping, so when my shower gel started to get low, I used the remaining inch or so of the bottle to add to my shaving gel, plus the container is handy to keep in the shower!
What you will need:
- Shampoo (This is where you use the old stuff laying around)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut or baby oil
- 1 Tablespoon scented hand lotion or body wash
1. In my case, I added my ingredients to an old body wash container because I liked how it is resealable and squeezable to dispense my new shaving gel. Start with tablespoon scented lotion or body wash. Add equal parts shampoo and conditioner.
2. The conditioner added to the shampoo makes awesome shapes!
3. Add oil to container and seal tightly. Shake vigorously until completely mixed. (Or get the help of your boyfriend!)
4. Allow the gel to sit before use. Keep in the shower and use like normal shave gel!
A very cost-effective way to get comfortable while you shave, and a wonderful way to use up old products laying around.