Today’s post is all about How Stress Affects Your Skin. Many doctors also agree that stress affects our health. As a professional skin therapist, I’m here to tell you that stress definitely affects our skin. I’m excited to share with you how stress affects your skin, but also how to de-stress too!
How Stress Affects Your Skin
Stress is a top reason why adult women have breakouts. Stress is a chemical reaction in the body that causes a chain reaction. There’s an increase in hormones (testosterone) that then triggers stress breakouts. Stress breakouts are commonly found in women, alongside their jaw.
How do you combat stress breakouts?
- Change your pillowcases. These can be a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Wash your makeup applicators daily. Or if you can, go disposable, or use your (clean) fingers.
- Don’t pick your breakouts. Instead, spot treat them with a product that has Benzoyl Peroxide or Sulfur.
How can you de-stress? My favorite de-stressing methods are:
- Work out! The endorphins will make you happy. And toning up will make you feel great about yourself and everything else in your life. You can relax extra, if you take a hike in nature.
- Cuddle! Whether its with your man, your partner, or your pet. Cuddling is said to increase feel-good chemicals in our body that help us deal with stress better.
- Take a hot bath! Cue the bubbles, oils, and salts.
- Try aromatherapy! Even just lighting a candle with your favorite scent can help you to relax.
And of course…
Book a treatment! A treatment will allow a professional to get to the root of your breakouts. Plus, It will be very relaxing. Check out your local Ulta for express treatments.
The most important thing to keep in mind is to prioritize time for yourself. Make time to unwind. Make time to cleanse your face properly and spot treat those breakouts. And you WILL see a significant improvement on your skin. Gracias for reading! Be Beautiful!