Hello, beauty lovers! Today I’m going to be sharing some of my favorite expert tips on how to apply strip eyelashes. When I was in beauty school, I had an instructor who wore strip eyelashes EVERY day! She had worked out all the kinks and perfected the technique. I learned how to apply strip eyelashes from a master. It gets better, after getting my esthetics license, I became JB lash certified in individual eyelash extensions. Trust me, after applying individual eyelashes, strip eyelashes are a piece of cake. Now, I’m excited to share my tips with you all!
Things you’ll need:
- Favorite pair of strip eyelashes
- Eyelash Glue (duo, benefit, and darkness are all great brands)
- A wooden coffee stirrer, or waxing stick, or toothpick
- Little scissors
How to apply:
- Remove the eyelash from the box, carefully making sure you don’t bend or tear it
- Manipulate the eyelash so it gets more of a curve
- Measure the eyelash, if its too big for your eye, snip off the OUTER corner
- Apply a dot of eyelash glue to your spatula (or coffee stirrer, toothpick etc)
- Wait a few seconds for it to tack up
- Gently glide a thin even layer to the strip eyelash
- Fan the eyelash so the glue tacks further
- Apply to the eye, starting with the center, and then pressing down on the inner and outer corners
- Pinch your natural eyelashes to the strip
- Helloooooooo, gorgeous!
There you have it. Quick. Simple. Easy. Hope you liked it and found it useful. Are you bold enough to wear strip lashes? What is your favorite brand of eyelashes? What glue do you use? If you’re still nervous about strip eyelashes, I always say eyelash extensions are an easier alternative.
Thanks for reading! Please feel free to leave comments and tell me what you think of the blog. I’d love to read all about it! Until next time.