Hello Beauties! Today’s blog is all about How to Combat Winter Dry Skin. Whether your oily, naturally dry, young or old, many of us deal with dry winter skin. It can feel tight, itchy, or painful. Other times, the skin might look scaly. Even in Los Angeles, many of us suffer from dry winter skin. As a professional Skin Care Therapist, I want to share easy tips to prevent and treat this winter skin.
How to Combat Winter Dry Skin
1. Hydrate! Drink lots of water. Our skin is our largest organ on the body. It’s also the last organ to receive the water we drink. So be sure to drink up, for your health and your skin.
2. Moisturize your hands at night before bed! We wash our hands throughout the day. Essentially, we wash off our hand creams. Nighttime is the best time to moisturize our hands.
3. Try Moisturizing your body with coconut oil! A little goes a long way. I love this for my arms, legs and feet. It gives me a glow and is so cost-effective. Since its natural and doesn’t have artificial fragrance or dyes, it doesn’t further irritate my skin.
4. If your skin is irritated and itchy, try putting some oatmeal on there! Applying oatmeal like a mask does wonders to sooth itchy, flakey, irritated skin. If you’re whole skin feels itchy this winter, try putting some natural oatmeal in the bath with you.
5. Avoid products with harsh ingredients! Alcohol, artificial fragrance, and artificial dyes can further irritate your skin if its already sensitized this winter.
I hope you all liked these tips on how to combat winter dry skin. What’s your go-to method to combat dry winter skin? I’d love to read in the comments. Until next time. Be beautiful, and warm!