Curious on How to Exfoliate Lips At Home? Whether your lips are dry and chapped because of the winter months, naturally dry/dehydrated skin, or too much matte lipstick, or whether you just want softer, prettier lips, this lip scrub recipe is perfect and is so easy to use. I think every woman can benefit to try it. What have you got to lose except for about ten minutes of your time?
How To Exfoliate Lips at Home: What You’ll Need:
- Olive Oil (or even coconut oil)
- Brown sugar
- A small container to mix the two ingredients
- Small washcloth with warm water
- Your favorite lip product (ie carmex, burts bee’s etc)
- My Favorite is Smith’s Rosebud Salve. It lasts forever and works great for dry lips, cuticles and hands! 🙂 And since its a salve and not a wax, it absorbs great and can be worn under lipstick.
How to Exfoliate Lips at Home
- Mix a small amount of olive oil and brown sugar in a small bowl
- I say start with a teaspoon of each and then add more of one product or another until it has a paste-like consistency
- Make sure its not too runny, or you’ll get oil everywhere.
- The best scrub has more sugar than oil, but enough oil so the sugar feels sticky, pasty, etc
Why it works
- Olive Oil works as a natural moisturizer, for hair, skin and even the lips.
- Sugar, with its rougher texture makes a great MANUAL exfoliate. The little bits of sugar literally slough off dead skin cells (the chapped parts of lips), while the olive oil in the mixture replenishes moisture to the lips. They make the perfect pair.
- After exfoliation, skin is more receptive to moisturizers. Applying your favorite lip treatment (or even plain olive oil) immediately after scrubbing will ensure your lips absorb the most moisture.
How to Exfoliate Lips At Home Step by Step
- On clean dry lips, apply a small amount of the mixture.
- Rub in circular motions.
- You can do one lip at a time, or do both lips at once, with the mouth closed (I prefer this. Even though the mixture is safe to eat, I’m not too crazy about the taste).
- Repeat if needed.
- Wipe off at-home lip scrub with a small, slightly damp, warm washcloth
- Apply your favorite lip moisturizer or some plain olive oil
- Enjoy beautiful lips!
Thank you for reading. I hope you found this blog on how to exfoliate lips at home helpful. And remember, the best part of DIY treatments, is that you can do it YOURSELF. In other words, modify the recipe to your tastes! Perhaps you can replace olive oil with ***coconut oil*** for a better taste? Or use raw sugar? I encourage you to experiment with what works best for you. And please, let me know how it goes in the comments below! 😉