Today’s post is all about how to Make Eyelash Extensions Last Longer. Eyelash extensions are everywhere now. They’re very trendy. They also are a great way to save time in the morning. As a professional skincare therapist with exclusive training in lashes, I’m here to share the best tips with you!
Make Eyelash Extensions Last Longer
First off, avoid oils around the eyes. This means:
- No eye cream. Try an eye gel, instead. I’m loving Dermalogica’s MultiVitamin Power Firm
- No waterproof mascara. Waterproof mascaras last so long because they are in an oil base. Your favorite brand should make a mascara that’s not waterproof. And even then, only put the mascara on the tips of the lashes. Not the base.
- No oil-based cleansers around the eyes. Don’t use Ponds to remove your eye makeup, or you’ll end up removing your extensions! Try using Dermalogica’s Soothing Eye Makeup Remover. It’s safe for extensions and will make your real lashes stronger!
Secondly, avoid moisture around the eyes:
- Avoid hot showers. The steam can melt or loosen up the glue in your lashes.
- Avoid steam rooms and saunas. Again, the heat isn’t good for the glue in your extensions.
- Careful overly wetting your extensions. For example, try to avoid excess contact lens solution, crying, etc.
Finally, treat your eyelash extensions with TLC:
- Don’t rub your eyes excessively. It can tangle your eyelashes extensions.
- Brush your lashes with a dry mascara wand. To keep them tame.
- Sleep on your back. If you sleep on your side, you can squish and kink up your lashes.
I hope you all liked this blog all about how to make eyelash extensions last longer. If you have any further questions, please let me know in the comments. Be Beautiful!