Keloid scars are small scars, skin scraps and bumps. A lot of people are not even aware that they have such dermatological problems. If you cope with any of the above mentioned issues, you need to attentively read this article, so that you could find out how to get rid of these problems, without any significant effort. Keloid scars are scar formations formed especially of type 1 collagen (late) or type 3 (premature).
The word “keloid” is used for diagnosing permanent scars as well. Keloid scars are hypertrophic growths that are covered by scar tissue over time. These modify their size over time as well. They generally appear following an accident, surgical procedure but inflammations too. Take a look at these remedies that may help you to remove keloid scars localized on any area of the body.
- Lemon juice: is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. It is an excellent cure for treating scars, inclusively keloid scars. Apply a little freshly drained lemon juice directly on the affected areas. Let it take action for 30 minutes and then rinse your skin with water.
- Mustard oil: is an extraordinary remedy for scars, especially because of its antifungal properties. Apply a little mustard oil on the problematic areas three times a day.
- Apple vinegar: reduces the reddish aspect and dimension of keloid scars. Apply a little apple vinegar on the problematic areas and slowly massage your skin until the vinegar is completely absorbed into the pours. Before repeating this process, make sure that the vinegar has been completely absorbed by the skin, because this is how you will facilitate the healing process.
- Garlic: stops the excessive proliferation of fibroblasts that are responsible for the appearance of keloid scars. Rub a little garlic on the problematic areas and let it take action for 10 minutes. Then rinse it down well.
- Sodium bicarbonate: is an excellent abrasive and exfoliating agent for the skin. Blend peroxide with baking soda in 3/1 ratio to prepare a paste. Apply the obtained paste on the keloids for accelerating the healing process and for reducing inflammation.
- Aloe Vera: is very efficient for treating skin affections. It heals deteriorated skin, reduces inflammation and hydrates the skin. First you need to wash well with warm water the area on which you will apply Aloe Vera. Then apply freshly prepared Aloe Vera gel on the keloids.
- Lavender oil: has rejuvenating properties for the skin and has been proven to be efficient in treating scars. This oil also increases the regeneration rate of skin cells, a great thing when you want to prevent chronic scars. Apply a little lavender oil and gently massage the affected areas for several minutes.
- Honey: hydrates and heals the skin. Apply honey on the keloids and gently massage the affected areas. Honey will prevent dead skin cells` accumulation and will improve capillary blood flow.