This blog post is dedicated to my readers with excessively oily skin. Oily skin usually feels greasy, is accompanied by noticeable pores, and shine. I’m not just talking about the occasional t-zone shine. I mean these tips are for people with completely oily skin. If you find yourself having to blot constantly, if it seems like you are always shiney, if you have large pores, and so on, these tips for oily skin are for you!
Skin Care Pro Tips for Oily Skin
- Wash your face every morning and every night. Always!
- Avoid cream cleansers.
- Try using a foaming cleanser. This will leave you feeling squeaky clean
- Any cleanser with fruit acids (like alba) is your friend.
- Exfoliate twice a week! Look for cleansers with pearl-like beads. This is less harsh and less abrasive for your skin.
- Use a mask twice a week. It’ll purge and dry up your excessive oil out of your pores. Try a Mint Julep or Dermalogica mask.
- If you’re *extra oily* use an astringent every other night, after cleansing. Every night might be too drying at first. Ease your skin into astringent if you haven’t used it before.
- Try investing in and using a Clarasonic, every other day.
- Stick to oil-free moisturizers.
- Regularly get facials! A professional will properly extract any oil build up deep in your pores.
- Change your pillowcases frequently to avoid breakouts.
- Drinks LOTS and LOTSSSSS of water!!!!
Makeup Pro Tips for Oily Skin
- Try Boscia Blotting Linens. Some are infused with calming ingredients
- Always use a mattifying face primer underneath foundation. Urban Decay makes a great one
- For oily eyelids, use Urban’s primer potion.
- Believe it or not, Revlon makes a great foundation for oily skin, try their 24 Stay foundation for oily skin.
I hope you enjoyed my tips for oily skin! Do these tips and product recommendations work for you? Would you try them? Do you have any other oily skin secrets?