It’s no secret that avocados are good for your skin. Avocado oils are used in quite a few beauty products and lotions. The oil does not come from the avocado seed; it comes from the pulp surrounding the seed. Avocados are highly valued in the beauty industry for its moisturizing, regenerative, and soothing effects due to the presence of vitamins A, E, and C. Additionally, avocado oil has anti-aging properties because it contains sterolins, which are chemicals that promote collagen production and the reduction of age spots.
Basically, avocados are good for you if you have dry skin, sun-damaged skin, aging skin, and itchy skin. My skin was in dire need of a good moisturizer, so I HAD to try this mask.
- A tablespoon of avocado pulp
- A teaspoon of honey
- A tablespoon of unsweetened plain yogurt
- A blender or small food processor
- Chopped cucumbers for your eyes(optional)
- Combine the avocado pulp, honey, yogurt in a blender or small food processor. You want to blend it into a paste otherwise avocado chunks will fall off of your face and it will become really messy (been there, done that).
- Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for half an hour. You can put cucumbers on your eyes if you want to, but you have to lay down for that.
- Wash it off with a bit of soap and water.
- Moisturize your face.
My Results: My face was incredibly soft and smooth. I was in awe of how well the mask worked. Even hours later, my skin felt supple and moisturized. To be honest, I felt like Shrek while I had the mask on, but the aftereffects of the mask were amazing. You HAVE to try it.