Aesthetic surgery is perhaps the area with most myths and clichés, which in most cases are taken as absolute truths. For your health not to suffer and be able to make the right decisions about any surgery of this kind you must be aware of the truth behind the myths of common cosmetic surgery.
Botox for lips. FALSE
1. Contrary to current opinion, Botox or Botulinum is not used to reshape lips, this substance represents the most effective solution to treat fine lines and reduce the correction of facial contour. Botox is also used to reduce the unsightly lines around the eyes, above the lip or neck.
2. Botox treatment removes wrinkles between the eyebrows and forehead. The effect of this procedure lasts between three and six months and works by paralyzing the muscles where it is injected, thus preventing wrinkles to form.
3. Liposuction is an effective method to get rid of extra pounds. FALSE
This statement is nothing but a myth, which, unfortunately, many patients who chose such a procedure gave credence. Liposuction is an aesthetic treatment that allows permanent removal of excessive fat tissue, generally located on the belly, hips, knees or arms. The idea that by achieving such a procedure you get rid of extra pounds is quite false. Thus, liposuction is no substitute for a healthy lifestyle, can only help eliminate excess fat evenly.
After liposuction, the fat deposit won’t set on surgery areas, but i to other parts of the body. FALSE
This occurs only in conditions of excessive caloric intake following the intervention of liposuction. “As mentioned previously, the acquisition of new measures is achieved by removing fat cells from specific areas of the body. It becomes logical that excessive caloric intake will have consequences in all fat cells in the body, but in the surgery, areas are numerically fewer fat cells due to the intervention, there will be less accumulation than in non-operated areas.
4. Poor breath is the price paid for a beautiful nose. FALSE
With rhinoplasty techniques developed in recent decades, the objective of this surgery is a nose that looks good and works well. Right performed, this intervention should not mean only physical improvement of the nose in detriment of poor breaths. “One goal of rhinoplasty is just medical relief from breathing difficulties in patients who have structural abnormalities which affect their ability to breathe easily.
5. Multiple scars are the result of boobs’ lifting. FALSE
Breast lifting or mastopexy surgery is the procedure by which breasts are lifted ptosis (left). It is important to note that breast lifting does not imply multiple scars, as is often believed.
On this occasion, I would like to clarify and at the same time to reassure women who are considering such a procedure and associated breast lifting with multiple scars. In general, the breast lift can only be done by inserting a prosthesis that is designed to the aestheticized mammary gland, in which case the only scar left is around the areola.