You can solve a problem if you know its root cause. Hair breakage can be prevented or reduced if you know all the information behind this pesky effect. Hair breakage and hair loss is often caused by our desire to be trendy and stylish. The tight buns, the Croydon facelift, the weaves we sport or the hair extensions that we pick can cause hair breakage, hair loss and in worst-case scenarios, these hairstyles can cause traction alopecia.
What Causes Hair Breakage?
Here’s a list of some factors that are responsible for hair breakage.
1. Split Ends
2. Using Baby Oil
3. Some fabrics are worn during winter(cotton caps, hats, beanies, etc)
4. Some hair products (hair gel, hair spray, etc)
5. Not using enough hair conditioner
6. Not using natural shampoos and conditioners
7. Not using enough hair and scalp masks
8. Using too much heat (using hairdryers, flat irons, curlers, and whatnot)
9. Dying your hair one too many times
10. Using hair extensions
11. Perming your hair
12. Tight hairstyles